Monday, August 19, 2013

Hidden Drivers

Belonging.
Ease.
Safety.
Love.
Peace.
Security.
Worthiness.

These are the words I hear again and again, the things so many of us hunger for. As I glued down each word, it occurred to me that these essential feelings that I hunger for and that you hunger for are the exact same things that drive us forward. Belonging and Love and Worthiness are the kinds of deep longings that compel us to push off from Where We Are to Where We Want to Be.

Tell me if this is true for you.

I know that Safety and Belonging sent me on a journey across the globe in search of a different life and family. The draw of Ease and Security weighed heavily in my choice to marry and whom to marry.

And Worthiness? This one gnaws at me still. It colors my work, my relationships, even what books I read. :D

But... the power we have when we can name our hunger! I felt my heartbeat quicken at the thought of putting them on the plate, in plain sight.

I invite you to muse with me... imagine what it would be like to taste Ease and Peace and Love.

What would that nourishment feel like? What parts of you would come alive when your particular hunger is abated?

No comments:

Post a Comment