Monday, September 9, 2013

This too shall pass


And then the sun rose, without my willing it to.
The shadows lifted. Unexplicably.
Life wasn't such an affront to me anymore.
Just as I was getting used to the dark, it too passed.

This too shall pass.

The message made several appearances among the stacks and stacks of letters for the hope jar. It was meant for me, to highlight that acceptance isn't just about the darkness but the coming of the light, too.

Just as Jennifer and Melissa promised in Your Emotional Wisdom, the sadness flowed through me. I was feeling sorrow but the sorrow was not me, as much as in the midst of it, that's what it felt like.

I stand on the other side of it, on a beach washed clean, like a newborn blinking at the bright light, not quite knowing how to be so tender in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment