Sunday, December 21, 2014

Penmanship Lesson Courtesy of Martha

We had Thanksgiving dinner last night. I know, those of you who know me know I gave up all that nonsense six years ago, by nonsense I mean slaving away for days and hours making the perfect Martha Stewart Thanksgiving, by the book. But Henry's company gives each of their employees the choice of a turkey or a cheesecake so on Friday, he carried a bird home on the train!

So we whipped up a Thanksgiving dinner last night. Turns out that's possible! No days of prep. We started at 11 and were done at 4. Who knew?

For the occasion, I had to dust off Martha's Thanksgiving issue from 1998 or something. Yes, I actually had a subscription. Guess what I found? A penmanship lesson. Of course. :) So thanks, Martha. For the turkey, cornbread and sourdough stuffing AND lesson on the lost art of penmanship.




No comments:

Post a Comment