Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekly Word


I've been bitten by the lettering bug and really want to master this skill. What better time to start something than with the coming new year, right? And what better way to learn something than... to do it. A lot. And, what better way to do it a lot than to say, in a somewhat public way, that you will.

So I'm giving myself a once-a-week prompt to draw a word, any word, and post it on this blog. There's nothing like the discomfort of being not good at something... yet. Right? To illustrate, yes, I inked "Weekly Word" eight times. I'm still not happy with it but oh well.

This practice is for hand lettering. I want to stay off the computer as much as possible and really focus on practicing the craft of drawing the letters/words. No digitizing, no adding effects in Illustrator, no colorizing, blah, blah, blah.

Okay, so this week's word: SWEET

No comments:

Post a Comment